Sunday, November 6, 2011

EDUC 6165 Week #1

This week I decided to choose my boss as someone who demonstrates competent communication. Whenever i have a concern I ask for a one-on-one with boss. my boss always brings in a notes pad and takes notes about the things we discuss. After our meetings are over he send me an email with a write up of  our meeting and the outcomes. This is the first boss i have ever had who takes notes and sends follow up emails after meetings. i find his approach to be very effective because I can always refer back to our past conversations who clarification. If i moved into a management position i would definitely adopt my boss' style of communication. I appreciate how anything we talk about is sent back to me in writing so there are no misunderstandings.

1 comment:

  1. I get very nervous when I sit down with a supervisor and I am the only one taking notes. It never fails that, that supervisor forgets a majority of what we talked about. I would have to agree that having that information in writing does help with misunderstandings.

    ReplyDelete