Sunday, September 25, 2011

Perspectives on Diversity and Culture

Responses from 3 different people

Culture= The practices that you follow based on influences from family and friends

Diversity= The differences people have with each other

Culture= The ethic and historical background of your family

Diversity= the ways in which people stand out from their surroundings

Culture= Is defined by the way we dress, the foods we eat, and the practices we engage in

Diversity= The qualities about someone that make them unique and an individual

Which aspects of culture and diversity that I have studied in this course are included in the answers I received—and what are some examples?

I agree with all the answers I received. I don't think they are all complete but I do think they are all components of culture and diversity.

I think interaction with with others and how to deal with different cultures and diversity would of been nice to hear about as well. 

It is always nice to listen to other perspectives from different people of different cultures on their ideas of culture and diversity, it is nice to be able to compare them with your own and decide how you feel about them in comparison.

1 comment:

  1. I think that often times people forget that our history, family heritage and family history forms our own culture and diversity. People can share similar upbringings but no two people were raised exactly alike. That is what makes life so wonderful to meet people from all over the country.

    ReplyDelete