Friday, July 1, 2011

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

I thought this assignment would be easy for me to contact 2 professionals in other parts of the world since my family is from Trinidad and Tobago and we have many teachers in the family. However, after almost two weeks of trying I have no successfully been able to reach out to anyone. Thus I have decided to do the alternative assignment where I will be working with the website, "  World Forum Foundation. “A foundation whose mission is to promote an on-going global exchange of ideas on the delivery of quality services for young children in diverse settings.” The reason I choose this website was because they take a look at a topic that I am very interested in, men in ECE. In my past experiences I have only encountered one male teacher in a Pre-K setting. I find they are more common in Kindergarten-Third grade but less prominent before that. I personally struggle with my thoughts on males Pre-K teacher's so I think it will be very interesting to learn more about this topic.

2 comments:

  1. It seems that most people have had a difficult time getting in contact with other professionals around the world. I have sent emails and hoping for a response this week. I really wanted to have contact with the professionals, but it looks like I may need to do the alternate assignment as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog. I am looking forward to reading more information as it relates to Early Childhood Studies.

    ReplyDelete