Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Birthing Experience

Since I have no children of my own, and I have never been involved in a birthing experience I decided to call my mom to learn a little bit more about my birth. My mom began the story by telling me that one the way to the hospital the car broke down and my dad had to try and fix the water pump on the side of the road. After arriving to the hospital my mom said she spent 18 painful hours in labor which during she had a panic attack and needed an epidural to help ease the pain and calm her down. When I was finally born apparently I became stuck in the birth canal and was extremely jaundice when I was born and had to stay in the hospital for for an extra week under a bili light. I was my mother's first born so she said it was very hard to leave the hospital without me. Twenty five years later my mom says she still remembers the day of my birth like it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment