Saturday, November 20, 2010

Personal Childhood Web


Mom: My mom is one of the most important people in the world to me. I have also had a very special bond with my mom. I was an only child for the first 8 years of my life and my mom did everything in her power to make sure I was a happy child and never felt lonely. My mom has taken care of me in so many different ways. From clothing, shelter, and food to love, nurturing, and everlasting support. I know no matter what happens in my life and no matter what I do, even though sometimes I'm not very proud of it, my mom will be there to encourage, love, and support me. I feel as a grown up today I have inherited a lot of my mom’s values that will be instilled in me forever.

Dad: My dad is an extremely special person. He is extremely selfless and always made sure our family was taken care of before him. My dad is one of the hardest workers I know and has thought me the value of hard work. I would say I definitely get my work ethic from my dad. I would also say I get my stubbornness from my dad as well. I refuse to give up on anything until I feel like it has been completed to beyond my satisfaction. My dad has taught me to be proud of myself and my accomplishments.

Aunt Helena: My Aunt Helena is my mom's youngest sister. Growing up she lived in a different country and when she would come to visit me I would always love it. I can remember playing Barbie dolls, and dress up with my aunt. Even though she was much older than me she was kind of like the sibling I did not have. I remember crying hysterically when she would leave to go back home. When I was about 14 my aunt moved to Maryland, we have a very strong relationship which will continue forever.

Sheldon: Is my dad's nephew and my god father. Growing up I wasn't too close with him because he was in high school/ went away to college. I can remember special occasions such as Christmas and my birthday where Sheldon would always make an appearance and bring me a special present. The older I get the close Sheldon and I have become.

Matthew: This is my little brother. When he was born I was extremely jealous and upset that the spotlight was finally taken away from me. Sharing the spotlight was something I was not at all used to doing and resented my brother for it a little. We were never really that close when we were younger due to such a large age gap. When my bother started to get the age where we could start to bond I was in high school and then went away to college. Now my brother is a junior in high school and I am finding the older he becomes the more common ground we are finding. I am looking forward to the future in hopes we can move beyond just brother and sister and consider each other good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment