Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Favorite Quote about Children

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."  ~Stacia Tauscher

I choose this particular quote because I feel like there is a lot of emphasis on young children today on trying to mold them into becoming the "perfect adult" of tomorrow. Every time I read this quote it helps remind me to focus on what makes them special now, and motivates me to individualize for each child on a style of play and learning that will contribute to their special qualities.

2 comments:

  1. I like this quote also. It reminds me that children have a voice and should be heard. I think it is important for teachers, parents, and all influential adults to acknowledge individuality and the uniqe qualities that each child possesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this quote because it makes me realize that every individual is unique in his or her own ways. We need to tap deeply into the value of an individual now to fully appreciate the worth of that person. Based on the premium we place on a person's uniqueness, if need be we can work on some deficient areas for improvement.

    ReplyDelete