Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time well spent

This program has definitely been an emotional roller coaster. When I first began I did not imagine myself being able to work a full time job in addition to successfully completing my Master of Science in Early Childhood Studies degree. There were plenty of times when I thought about throwing in the towel and giving up but I managed to continue pushing. It’s amazing just how many times our mind will quit before our body. Now as I come to the end of this program I could not be happier and more proud of myself. This program as taught me to find your passion and pursue it. When I first began I knew I was interested in working with young children but not exactly sure in what capacity. After taking several classes in a multiple of different areas I realize what hits home the most to me is making sure children are being provide with quality education and experiences throughout their early childhood educational journey. I have deiced I want to become an educational coordinator and travel around to different programs to observe and assess different teachers to make sure the correct practice are being shared across the field. I have also had the opportunity to view many wonderful video interviews and read several as well about profound leaders in this field who have a great passion and dedication. It is my long term goal to positively affect the field of early childhood education and become a role model and example to others who wish to follow in the footsteps of this field. I may even one day choose to enter a PhD program to continue my formal education in this field. I would like to thank all of my instructors and classmates for providing a wonderful leaning experience and welcoming environment where I felt comfortable at all times to learn new things and ask questions. I wish you all continued success on your educational journey.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,

    I can relate to throwing in the towel, but it was my colleagues that kept me going...my community of practice ((: I wanted to finish with the group I started with and here we are. I think that you will do great in whatever road you decide to travel, because you can hear the passion in your words. Good luck in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete