Sunday, March 25, 2012

Education 6990: Week 4

1. United States Department of Education- I would be interested in this organization in terms of working on the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).  This act also aligns with my current focus of quality education before Kindergarten. By improving educational outcomes for all students, closing achievement gaps, increasing equity, and improving the quality of instruction.


2. Childcare.gov is the official resource for United States government childcare information. This is a site where many can go to find different resources on currently information regarding early childhood education. I like there is a section for parents to look for childcare that suits their needs best. I would be interesting in helping with the research and development of this list.



3. NAECY is The National Association for the Education of Young Children. I would be interested in assisting with setting the standards of excellence for programs and teachers in early childhood education. I believe this organization can help bridge the gap by setting appropriate standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment