Monday, March 21, 2011

Growing up I was an only child for the first 8 years of my life. I was the definition of a girly-girl. All I played with was Barbie dolls and probably had about 100 of them. All members of my family including parents, aunts, and cousins would play with me. The reason I loved Barbie dolls so much was because it allowed me to be creative and imaginative. I would always make up some new situation and have so much fun acting it out among the Barbie dolls. I think play is the same when it comes to imagination, but I have noticed I don’t see Barbie dolls being advertised or sold as much as when I was younger. I see more electronic forms of play these days. Play is a very important factor in growing up. It allows us to take our imagination to new levels and helps children to be creative and express their inner feelings. Now that I am older I don’t get to play with Barbie dolls any more but I do find it very important to escape reality once in a while and dive into the world of imagination and creativity. I usually do this by reading different fiction novels. Currently my favorite series is the Twilight saga.

1 comment:

  1. I also played with many Barbies in my younger years. I would do photo shoots with them who would have known that would be my side job when I grew older. I still have all my Barbies that I had as a child and my daughter plays with them. I have been blessed to have two girls so there are times I sit down with them and play Barbie with them. I hope the same for you some day!!

    ReplyDelete